The right outfit can boost your confidence, ensure you're comfortable, and help you avoid a painful fashion faux pas. So what are some of the looks that are trending for women on the Gold Coast right now? Whether it's a beach day or a night out enjoying live music, we've got you covered. With these outfit-of-the-day ideas, you'll look and feel great and get the dress code just right.
Dress right for the beach or any pool party with these casual, summery looks.
- Shorts and bikini top - For a daytime beach look, match your favourite bikini top with high-waisted shorts and a sporty visor. Finish off your look with a straw bag.
- One-piece and denim skirt - Pair up a one-piece swimsuit with a denim skirt and you'll transition effortlessly from dining out at lunchtime to the beach.
- Kimono, bikini, and trousers - For nighttime pool parties or cooler days, add a layer with a lightweight robe or kimono over a bikini top. Add some slouchy trousers and slides and you've got yourself a relaxed, stylish look for the evening.
- Crop top and sarong - Slip a crop top over your bikini top and wrap on a sarong for a versatile beach day look that can see you through for lunch and dinner as well.
A great shopping outfit not only looks good but offers practical benefits. It should be a comfortable outfit and easy to change in and out of.
- Pull-on pants - Pair your favourite casual top with some pull-on pants and you've got a winner for your shopping day. In contrast to tight jeans, leggings, and tights, pull-on pants or slouch-front trousers that are zipper and button free make it easy to try on clothes.
- Maxi dress with flats - A flowing maxi dress is easy to get in and out of. A pair of comfortable pointed flats are just as easy to step out of when you need to try on outfits, not to mention they support hours of pain-free walking.
Spending the day at a theme park? Try these outfit-of-the-day ideas for a hassle-free day.
Gigs and live music
- Belt-free cotton dress - A flowing cotton dress without a waistband makes for a cool, comfortable time when you're waiting in line for a ride. Choose one that's breathable and quick drying (for the water rides) and all the better if it's made from a moisture-wicking material. Finish your outfit with a pair of flip-flops or low wedges.
- Longer shorts with T-shirt - Longer shorts are flattering and chic, and more importantly, they protect your thighs and bottom from hot seats and benches baking in the sunlight. Match with a favourite T-shirt, but avoid whites and semi-transparent colours as these can show more than you'd want to show when the fabric gets wet during a water ride.
- Skirt with T-shirt - Again, choose breathable, quick-drying materials and a loose fit to help you keep cool. Match with sunnies and a baseball cap or straw hat to stay protected against the sun.
If you're heading out for an outdoor concert, live music at a hotel, or a street music festival, you'll want to get into the spirit of things with the right look.
- Band tee and fun bottom - Opt for your favourite band T-shirt and match it with some funky flared bottoms for a unique look.
- Black, white, and denim - Layer a denim jacket over your favourite casual black or white dress, or skirt and top. Complete the look with some ankle boots with metallic detail or patent finish.
- Leather bottom and summery top - Pair up your favourite leather pants or skirt with a hippy-style summer top for a rocker-chic look.
- Feminine dress and boots - Combine your favourite casual dress with some leather boots for a gig-ready look.
- Jeans and heels - Slip on your favourite T-shirt and jeans and dress it up with a cute handbag and metallic heels. For a slightly dressier look, switch out the T-shirt for an off-the-shoulder top.
Dining out with your partner and/or a couple of friends is a great excuse to dress up and show some stylistic flair.
Walks in nature
- Embellished top and black jeans - Make an embellished top, sweater or blouse, the focal point of your outfit. Pair with some chic black jeans, boots, and a crossbody bag.
- Sheer top and pants - Go slightly more formal with an embellished semi-sheer top, pants, and metallic mules. Add a funky wrist bag for extra interest.
- Mini dress and boots - Slip on your favourite mini dress, pair with some cute ankle boots, and add a crossbody bag to complete the look.
- Camisole and cardigan - Pair a black camisole with a light, long cardigan and skinny jeans, and finish off the look with some leopard-print heels.
Getting out and about in the great outdoors is all about practicality when it comes to your outfit.
- Pants and T-shirt - Avoid denim, which can chafe and hold sweat next to your skin, and opt for sweat-wicking fabric pants instead.
- Skirt and shirt - Choose short-sleeved shirts and make sure both top and bottom are made from sweat-wicking materials. Avoid skin-baring tops which mean you need to strain to get the sunscreen on.
- Layer up - In colder weather, layer up with a light sweater or windproof jacket. Avoid too much clothing.
When it comes to footwear, avoid cotton socks and opt for high-tech fabrics
that keep you cool and dry. Cover up with a hat instead of a vision, which offers only partial coverage for the head. Choose lightweight, well-designed fitness shoes.
So now that you're all set for outfits, you're ready for a night out. Wear your live music outfit or dinner outfit for an evening of delicious food and live music at The Cooly Hotel
. Check out the gig guide here
12 / 04 / 2019