Gold Coast Wedding Venue and Accommodation Tips
So you’ve said “I will.” and named the day and now the search is on to find the perfect location for your Gold Coast wedding. You have a big task in front of you, so to help you in your search, we’ve put together some useful tips on finding the perfect wedding venue and guest accommodation.
Finding the right wedding venue
The number one tip for finding the perfect wedding venue is to start your search early. Venues book out months and sometimes years in advance and if you consider it the perfect venue, chances are other couples do too, so start looking as soon as you know when and where you plan to tie the knot.
Secondly, look at as many different venues as you can and keep an open mind while doing so. While you may think you know exactly the kind of venue and vibe you’re looking for, you may just come across a place that you fall in love with, which was not even on your list.
And thirdly, know beforehand roughly how much you have to spend. If you work everything out so you know what your maximum budget is, you can save time by only visiting those venues that fall within your price range.
Then, when you’ve shortlisted some potential venues, you can whittle your selections down even further by considering things such as;
- Location – is the venue conveniently located for you and your guests?
- Flexibility – will they let you use your own caterer and suppliers and add your own personal touches or is it an inflexible package?
- Inclusions – is it an all-inclusive package or are there additional charges for various services?
- Ambience – if you have a particular wedding theme in mind, does the venue fit in with this theme?
If a venue ticks all the right boxes, then it’s time for a visit. You and your partner should ideally try and visit while the venue is set up for a wedding or other event, so you can get an idea of what it would look like on your own wedding day.
While you’re there take lots of photos, so the venues you visit don’t just become a blur in your memory. And keep considerations in mind such as whether there are good photographic opportunities, whether the necessary technology is in place for the ceremony and reception and whether the facilities are designed with your guests in mind as well as the wedding party.
Finding the right accommodation
Many of your guests will be travelling a long way to your wedding, possible from interstate or overseas, so finding a wedding venue that also offers accommodation would be a definite bonus. This would allow your friends and family to relax and enjoy themselves at your wedding, without worrying about having to find their hotel later in the evening.
And the Gold Coast has a number of wedding venues offering onsite accommodation including;
- InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort – hotel/wedding venue with 243 rooms and great photo opportunities including tropical gardens, lawns, fountains and a beach lagoon pool.
- Mantra on Salt Beach – hotel/wedding venue accommodating up to 220 reception guests and set on the Kingscliff coast with stunning beach scenery.
- Peppers Salt Resort & Spa, Kingscliff – stunning beachside resort catering for a range of wedding themes and styles and up to 220 guests.
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise – just 200 metres from the beach, a hotel/wedding venue catering for every wedding need in the one stunning location.
- Mercure Gold Coast Resort – set amongst the lush green surrounds of Palm Meadows Golf Course, with a number of ceremony and reception settings to choose from.
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa – a popular hotel/wedding venue offering all-inclusive custom wedding packages.
- Eagle Heights Mountain Resort – situated on Mount Tamborine, with stunning views of the Gold Coast, offering ceremonies, photoshoots and receptions all in one spectacular location.
- Vibe Hotel Gold Coast – hotel/wedding venue by the Nerang River in Surfers Paradise catering for both formal and informal weddings, with a number of packages to choose from.
- Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast – hotel/wedding venue offering a range of unique garden ceremony settings and function room options.
If your chosen wedding venue doesn’t offer accommodation, then you’ll need to research surrounding areas and find suitable options you can offer to your guests. Search tips include;
- Research a variety of price ranges to suit all budgets
- Contact the hotels and enquire about possible group discounts
- Look at mini bus or hire car options for guests staying in the same hotel
- Look at short term apartment rentals for guests who may wish to stay longer.
When you have your shortlist of accommodation options, you should send this to your guests along with their wedding invitations and include a short description of each hotel and the website address.
Depending on which part of the Gold Coast your wedding will be held in, you may also wish to look at nearby accommodation options such as these;
- Broadbeach – Peppers Broadbeach, Oceana on Broadbeach, Meriton Serviced Apartments Broadbeach, Sofitel Broadbeach and Santa Anne by the Sea.
- Burleigh Heads – Mariner Shores Resort & Beach Club, Burleigh Beach Tower, Panaview Court and Solnamara Beachfront Apartments.
- Surfers Paradise – the Moorings on Cavill, Viscount Towers, Surf Parade Resort, Breakfree Peninsula and QT Gold Coast.
- Main Beach – Maldives Resort, Palazzo Versace, Oscar on Main, Sheraton Mirage Resort and Pacific Views Resort.
- Coolangatta – Outrigger Resort, Beach House Seaside Resort and Ocean Plaza Resort.
Getting married soon on the southern Gold Coast? If you’re planning a bucks night, hens night or engagement party, the Coolangatta Hotel has your function covered. Call (07) 5589 6888 or email email@example.com